There are a lot of academic things I could say about the presentation T.L. Taylor gave today, but instead I want to focus on the best/worst thing I heard all night: “Society views video games as bad and as a waste of time, so isn’t it kind of good that women aren’t playing them so they have more time?” More time for what, pal? To make you a sandwich? Let me just say, T.L. Taylor is the essence of poise and grace, and after answering that question she is my idol of the gaming world.
- Unfurling the expanded Self: How Aspirational Identification + Avatars Can = Hyper-Real You
- Sarkeesian in a TEDx talking about the Kickstarter incident and how it ended etc
- Gamification: How Game Dynamics Alter the Behavior of Scientist, Workers, and Terrorists: FINAL BLOG POST
- Video Games in Education: Final Blog Post
- Final Blog Post: Roosterteeth, Red vs Blue, and Machinima